Procedure to Update LG Optimus Black P970 with Gingerbread 2.3.4:
- Assuming that you have downloaded the firmware zip file in your computer which is there in the last page, you now need to proceed to extract the same. Just in case if in the process of extraction, you are prompted to enter the password, then enter the password as “androidadvices.com” without inverted comas.
- Now, download the Smart Flash tool in your computer and unzip to install the same. Open the Smart Flash tool in your computer as shown in the below screen capture. After opening, you now need to connect the LG Optimus Black P970 to the computer using the USB cable which you got at the time of purchase.
- In the Smart Flash tool, click on the “ROM Copy D/L” tab and then you need to select the files which are “CP bin” as well as “AP Bin”. After this, you need to select the mode as “Normal Mode”. Enter files as mentioned below,
CP Bin – LGP970AT-00-V20a-OPEN-CN-OCT-16-2011+0_CP.fls
AP Bin – LGP970AT-00-V20a-OPEN-CN-OCT-16-2011+0_AP
- In “Communication Setup” select the COM PORT as Com 17 or the appropriate COM PORT if automatically selected and in the “Communication Driver” select the option of “LGE Mobile USB Serial Port”.
- Once you are done with all the settings you are now ready to click on the “Start” tab, once the process is completed the device will be restarted. The maximum time it will take to apply this update is around 10 minutes and the minimum time is 1 minute as it depends on different parameters.
To check whether you are on V20A firmware or not which you can check from the path Settings > About Phone > Firmware Version where you will find the version of Android OS which is V20A Gingerbread 2.3.4 version.
Do let us know just in case if you face any issues in the comments section as just in case if at all there are any problems you can leave the same in the comments section.