- Backup all your data before proceeding as in the process of firmware update, the data in the phone may get corrupted or even may get lost. So, it’s always better to create a backup of the same so that the data can be restored. With the help of links mentioned below, you can easily backup and restore the data.
SMS Messages – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts Stored in Phone Memory – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Videos, Images, Videos & Files etc.– Copy to internal / External SD Card,
Internet & MMS Settings – Backup all the settings from “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Now, ensure that the phone is having the minimum charge of at least 60% so as to ensure that the phone doesn’t get turned Off in the process of firmware update.
- Enable the USB Debugging from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB Debugging” as shown in the below image.
- Download the LG Optimus Black P970 Firmware Zip File in your computer which contains two important files which we will see in the due course of the article.
- After this you need to disable the Firewall and Antivirus in your computer and also you need to ensure that KIES is completely closed from the Task manager.