Procedure to update LG Optimus Black P790:
- Before you proceed to root the phone, you first will have to download the Optimus Black Rooting Package from here in your computer and then you will have to place the same on your desktop. Once you place the same, the next thing which you need to do is to unzip the same.
- In the process of extraction or unzipping the contents, you will be prompted to enter the password. Enter password as “androidadvices.com” without the inverted comas and then you will see that the files will be extracted successfully. As soon as you extract the files, you will see that the APK File of the Gingerbreak will be there as shown in the below screen shot.
- Now, next up you will have to ensure that the USB Debugging is enabled from your Android Phone which can be done from the path of Menu > Settings > Applications > Development. Now, once you tick this you will see that the debug mode will be activated in your device.
- After this, just connect your phone to the computer with the help of the USB Cable which you have got at the time of buying the phone as you will have to copy this extracted APK file to your Android Phone to a location which you can identify the file.
- After copying the application in your phone, you will have to open the same and need to install the same in your phone. So, as soon as you install the Gingerbreak application, open the same and choose the option of “Root Device” option as shown in the below screen shot.
- After selecting the option, you will have to wait for some time till the rooting process is completed. Please note that the device may take up to 15 minutes as it also wipes the cache in your phone.
- As soon as the rooting process is completed, you will have to also install the applications like Busy Box so as to further customize your phone experience.
- Just at any point of time if you wish to un root the device, just simply uninstall the Gingerbreak application from your phone to revoke the rooting access which was earlier granted. So, in this way you can easily root your LG Optimus Black P970 and also alternatively you can un root the device too.
Most of the users complain about their GPRS or the 3G not working, you will have to re configure the APN Settings so as to ensure that you don’t have any problems in accessing the Internet from your Optimus Black.