AOKP builds have always been successful when it came to stability and features list. So, on the similar lines, we will be checking out in this article on how one can beautify their Motorola Droid Razr smartphone with the latest Black Widow custom ROM firmware which has won hearts of many users. Please be informed that this update is not an official firmware released by Motorola and is a custom ROM firmware developed by Dark Spyder Developer. This custom ROM firmware is developed on the ICS 4.0.4 firmware platform.
This custom ROM firmware is developed only for the devices which are currently on the 6.12.17x – 6.12.181 version of firmware. If you are on any other system version then you should not apply this firmware or else you may even brick the device. In the process of this article we will be checking out on what are the list of pre requisites you need to follow and then we will check out on what is the detailed tutorial.
Disclaimer: Neither AndroidAdvices, nor developer should be held responsible for any damage happened to your device in the process of following the instructions mentioned in this article. It’s very unlikely that there will be any issues but just in case if at all there are any issues then we are committed to help you in solving the same.
Features of Black Widow Custom ROM Firmware:
- New Source (4.0.4)
- APEX Launcher v1.1.0 (Nova can be deleted from system/app)
- Nova Launcher 1.1.1
- Battery Mod – accurate battery 1%
- Big Black Widow ICS keyboard
- Astro File Manager
- SMS Popup
- ICS Browser+
- Camera ICS+
- DSP Manager
- Phasebeam (livewallpaper)
- 2 Custom Wallpapers (use astro; navigate to system/media)
- 9 Custom Launcher Icons ‘Roboto’ (use astro; navigate to system/media)
- Custom Boot Animation
- Custom Boot logo’s available
- All apps up-to-date
- LTE Connection on boot is in-progress, it Works!!!!, but you might need to toggle from “GSM-only” to “LTE/CDMA” in Phone Info *#*#4636#*#* ( shown on YouTube )
- Better Camera function (Face detect, video recording in-progress)
- HW Acceleration / Video codecs (in-progress)
- Bluetooth on but not connected = loss of all audio (in-progress)
Screen Captures of Black Widow Custom ROM Firmware:
So, assuming that you have checked out the screen captures as well as the features of the Black Widow custom ROM firmware, you can now proceed to next page where we have mentioned list of essential pre requisites to be followed.