Essential Pre Requisites:
- Data in your Droid Razr may get lost or corrupted in the process of the update, so its recommended to back up the data using the below mentioned steps so as to ensure that just in case if the data gets lost or corrupted, the same can be restored with the help of below mentioned steps. Please don’t use PC Suite to back up the data as after this update, it won’t detect this custom ROM.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Minimum charge left in the device should be at least 60% so as to ensure that device doesn’t get turned Off in the middle of firmware update.
- Enable the USB Debugging in your Motorola Droid Razr from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. The USB Debugging option should be ticked.
- Disable all the antivirus suites in your computer and uninstall the same in your device as these tools generally tend to interrupt the process of firmware update.
- Ensure that you have rooted Motorola Droid Razr, as this custom ROM firmware can only be applied on the rooted devices.
Assuming that you have followed all the instructions mentioned above, you can now proceed to the next page where we have mentioned a detailed tutorial on how to apply this update.