General Pre Requisites before Upgrading:
- First and foremost put your phone to charge till it gives a prompt of “Full Charge” as this is a must so as to get the best battery backup out of this new firmware of Extra ordinary 3.4.
- Now, since this application of update will erase all the data which is there in your phone, it’s very important to ensure that all the data which is there in your phone is backed up. To back up your photos, videos and songs the simple thing you can do is to move all this data to your internal / external SD Card so that this data stays intact.
- All your contacts can be synced with the Gmail account so that they too are safe, you can create a backup of your messages easily.
- Once you are done with the backup, you now need to ensure that you also note down the APN and MMS Settings which are there in your phone. The APN Settings as well as the MMS Settings in your Galaxy S can be backed up from this path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”.
- It’s very important to first update your phone with the XXJVR 2.3.4 version of Gingerbread. If you are not sure of your current firmware then all you need to do is to go to the path “Applications > Settings >About Phone” where it will be mentioned about the firmware version of your phone.