Special instructions for those who are already on Extra Ordinary ROM:
- If you are already on this ROM, then before proceeding, you first need to take all necessary backups either from the Titanium backup application or from the manual methods which you have been doing till now before the process of the firmware update.
- After taking all the necessary backups, you need to go to the “RECOVERY MODE” which you can go directly just by pressing the Power button and then selecting the option of “Recovery Mode”.
- Once you are in the recovery mode, you need to clear all the data, Cache and also, you next up need to go in the advanced option from the recovery mode to disable the Voodoo Lagfix, clear the Dalvik Cache, clear the battery stats. Once all these are done, select the option of “Go Back” and then you need to reboot the phone normally.
- Once the phone boots, you now need to press the power button to select the option of “Download Mode”. Once you select this, the download mode will be started and then you will see a green triangle as shown in the below image.
- After this you need to go to the below links wherein procedure on how to go to XXJVR 2.3.4 version of Stock ROM has been mentioned as this will be the base of the Extra Ordinary ROM 3.4 version. Please note that after this you also will have to ensure that the same has been rooted. Kindly find for the links below for updating the firmware version as well as for rooting the firmware.
Once you are done then you can proceed with the instructions which are mentioned in the next page.