Procedure to update Galaxy S GT I9000 with Extra Ordinary ROM 3.4:
- So, once you are done with following the above instructions, you are now ready to proceed with the instructions to upgrade. First you will have to download the Extra Ordinary ROM 3.4.zip file in your computer. Please note that once you download this file, you will have to ensure that you don’t rename this file and place the same to the desktop of your computer so that you can find the same easily.
- Now, next up you will have to connect your phone to the computer with the help of USB cable which you have got with your Galaxy S GT I9000 Phone. Please note that once the phone is connected, move this zip file which you have downloaded in your computer as it is without renaming.
- Ensure that you haven’t placed this file deep into the sub folders which will make it difficult to find the file. Once you place this file in your phone, you need to press the Power Button wherein you then need to tap on the option of “Recovery” so that your device enters into the recovery mode.
- Once you enter into the recovery mode, you will have to now choose the option of “install zip from sd card” and then “choose zip from sdcard” after which it will show all the zip files which are present in your phone along with other files. But from the list of files, you need to select the file which is named as “EXTRAordinary_3.4.zip”.
- That’s it as soon as this file is selected, you will then have to wait till the process of applying this update is finished. Please note that this whole process takes anywhere time of between 5 – 20 minutes of time. So, be patient till the update is applied to your phone.
- So, once the application of the update is done, you will have to now again enter the recovery mode by pressing the Power button and selecting the “Recovery” option wherein after which your device will enter recovery mode.
- In the recovery mode, you will have to clear / wipe all the cache and need to clear the partition as this will clear off all the cache files. Please note that in any manner don’t proceed to clear the “DALVIK CACHE” as if you do so then it will wipe off all the crucial files which you may want to play with.
- Please note that just in case if you have any issues while updating the firmware, then all you need to do is to repeat the procedure which is mentioned after rooting the device that is from the CWM one. Please note that as soon as you update with this firmware the CWM tool will be lost and the same will be erased. To get this CWM back you will have to download the “ROM Manager” application from the Android market Place.
Bonus Step to further Enhance Performance:
Just to further enhance the phone, you will have to convert the file system manually to ext4 which you can do by first selecting the app of “ext4” from the Applications and then you need to tap on the option of “convert to ext4” after which you will see that the device will be rebooting in the recovery mode automatically and all the system level changes are done accordingly.
So, as to get the system tools in your phone you will also have to first download this Add-On Update for your Extra Ordinary ROM 3.4.zip file in your computer, move the same to your phone and then go to “Recovery” mode by pressing the Power Button and then you will find an option of install zip from sd card” and then “choose zip from sdcard” after which it will list up all the zip files which are present in your phone along with other files. But from the list of files, you need to select the file which is named as “Add-On_Update_Extra Ordinary_ROM_3.4”.
So, that’s it from us, you have now successfully updated your phone to the latest version of Extra Ordinary ROM 3.4 version. We just hope that flashing with this firmware was really fun and do let us know if you faced any issues after updating with the same.