Procedure to update Galaxy S2 ROM on Samsung Galaxy S GT I9000:
- First up you will have to ensure that you follow the below two procedures which are mentioned below in a step by step manner that is first update with the XXJVR 2.3.4 ROM and then root the same from the below mentioned procedures.
- So, once you are done with the above two procedures, you now have to download the Galaxy S2 ROM to your computer. Once you download the same, you will now have to connect your phone with the computer, turn USB Mode in your phone which can be done from the drag down screen from your home screen and then place this downloaded zip file in your computer.
- Once you place this file in your phone, all you need to do is to just unplug the phone from your computer and then from your phone, go to “Applications” where you will have to type find for the “CWM” application which is nothing but the Clock Work Mod Recovery.
- In the Clock Work Mod, you will have to select the option of “Install Zip” and then you will need to select the Zip package of the one which you have placed in the phone. After this you will see that the phone will be rebooting and will take some time to update the zip file which you have selected.
- Please note that you don’t interrupt the process of the updation as it will take easily more than 10 – 15 minutes after the selection of install.zip file which you selected in last step as it installs the Voodoo and also other controls which it requires.
- Now, once the device is turned On it will take some time to switch On and to show the language options. It approximately will take around 10 minutes to show up the same as it converts the file format to the RFS one which is very efficient and also is responsible for faster user experience. If it doesn’t convert automatically then in the next article we will come out with the procedure to convert the same into the RFS.
- That’s it you have now successfully installed this ROM, now after going to the home screen, you will now have to proceed to press the power button and need to select the option of “Recovery” after which the device will enter into the recovery mode. In the recovery mode you will have to clear / wipe all the cache and need to clear the partition as this will clear off all the cache files. Please note that in any manner don’t proceed to clear the “DALVIK CACHE” as if you do so then it will wipe off all the crucial files which you may want to play with.
Just in case if you have any issues while updating the firmware then all you need to do is to repeat the procedure which is mentioned after rooting the device that is from the CWM one. Please note that as soon as you update with this firmware the CWM tool will be lost and the same will be erased. To get this CWM back you will have to download the “ROM Manager” application from the Android market Place.
Do let us know just in case if you have any issues while updating the phone in the comments section as we will ensure that all the issues are sorted out as soon as possible.