- In the due course of the firmware update, you will be losing all the data which is present in your phone and the data may include SMS, APN Settings which are responsible for the internet access, contacts and other data which is there in your phone. The simplest way you can have a backup is to move all the contents in your SD Card as the data which is present in the SD card is intact.
- Also, please note that the battery in the phone should be more than 95% and if anything is less than this mark then you will have to again calibrate the battery which is a bit of a tedious job and also with this you may experience lesser battery life.
- The MMS Settings too will be lost, so ensure that you back up them as well.
- Just in case if your device is already rooted then you need to first revoke the root access and then proceed to follow the instructions which are mentioned below.
- Last but not the least ensure that your phone is Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini Pro SK17i and not any other phone as if you proceed installing any other phone then there is a high possibility that you will brick your phone after which your phone will become un usable and will not work. Just in case if the upgradation gets interrupted in between then you will have to re follow the whole procedure again from the start so that the updation process of 2.3.3 completes successfully.