Enhancements in Gingerbread 2.3.3:
- If you are coming from the Stock (default) ROM then you will see that the overall speed of the device will be considerably increased once the update is applied.
- This update hikes the battery backup by a marginal 6-8% as mentioned in the release notes of this firmware.
- The default internet browser has been added with few of the additional scripts with which you should not face issues while reading languages like Korean, Chinese and also the Arabic.
- Some of the users reported about the slower internet speed on Wi Fi, issues in latching to the GPS indoors, lower Wi Fi range on all WEP Key networks have all been fixed in this firmware update.
- The older version of Android Market Place has issues like downloading of the apps used to take much longer time which too has been addressed in this. For all those who just missed out recently can now force update the Android Market to an all new version, which is not only visually appealing but also is simple to use.
- Overall most of the issues have been fixed but there are still some issues with this update which are minor though. These issues are like back light bug which sometimes may force you to re set the time interval for screen time out. Apart from the back light bug, sometimes you may even face issues of force close error in the Gallery application. So, let’s get started with the procedure to update the firmware in the next page.