It’s very unfortunate that due to negligence of Videocon Mobiles, the owners of the first Android phone from Videocon Mobiles which is dubbed as V7500 are not getting any updates on the arrival of the latest firmware of either Froyo 2.2 or even 2.2.1 Android version. The main reason on why Videocon is not able to provide the ETA (Estimated Time of Arrival) of Froyo is because, Videocon hasn’t manufactured the phone V7500 and is just a phone which is optimized, imported and launched in India from a vendor called Commtiva which is a US based company and till this vendor doesn’t launch, there will be no signs on ETA of Froyo. The problem doesn’t stop here, even if the vendor launches Froyo someday, it again needs to be optimized for Videocon device V7500 which will take quite a sometime.
But the good news is that you now no longer have to wait for all this, as we will tell you on how you can install Froyo 2.2.1 Android version on Videocon V7500. Before updating, you will have make sure that you follow some of the points mentioned below,
- Make sure that now your Videocon Zeus V7500 is running on Eclair 2.1 version and not on Android 1.6 version.
- Backup all important data in your Phone like Phone book contacts, Contacts, Applications etc.
- Kindly follow the below mentioned steps carefully as if you don’t follow the steps then it may dead your phone.
Make sure that you have rooted your V7500 phone before proceeding to update with 2.2.1 Froyo.
- To root your device, copy this z4root.apk in your phone and install the same.
- After installing this, open the same and select Permanent Root and not Temporary Root, however you can anytime Un root your Device. Please note that it’s very important to first root your device and then proceed to update with the froyo update which is mentioned below.
Procedure to install Froyo 2.2.1 in V7500:
- First of all you will have to download Cyanogen Mod ROM, Camera Patch and Google Apps from your computer and then you need to put the same in your microSD card and also download and install Official ROM 226D using the TOOLS (RUT or SUT)
- Now, go to Android Market place from your Videocon Zeus V7500 and find for the app called “ROM Manager”, just download and install the same.
- After opening the “ROM Manager” application from your phone, select the option Flash ClockworkMod Recovery and select Commtiva Z71 phone which is nothing but the native version of V7500.
- Now, copy the ROM update-cm-6.1.0-Z71-signed.zip in the SD card.
- Now, disconnect the phone, Open the ROM Manager, Select Install ROM from SD card and choose the ROM File.
- Please note that after the updation, you will have to select two options which are backup existing ROM and Wipe data and clear cache and select the OK option to execute the operation.
- Now, after this, your device will automatically boot in the recovery mode and after which the installation process will be initiated which will take around 30 minutes of time.
- Now, your phone will now automatically reboot in the due course of the updation, so there’s no need to panic.
- Now, as soon as the process is completed, simply open the ROM Manager and select the option Boot into recovery after which your device will be booted in the recovery console.
- With the help of the volume buttons, scroll up and down and select the option with the help of the trackball and back with the help of the soft key.
- Due to some problem with the recovery, clicking volume button once, makes it go down 2 options, so you need to be fast and click the trackball instantly after clicking the volume up/down button (this is if you need to select the option below where you currently are)
- Select the option that is “Install update from sdcard” and select the Google Apps from the list of update files.
- Again select the option that is “Install update from sdcard and choose Camera Patch file from the update files list.
- After this all you need to do is to select the option which is “Reboot Phone”, that’s it you have now successfully installed the Froyo 2.2.1 on your Videocon V7500.
Procedure to Return back to previous Version:
Due to some problems if you wish to revert back to the original ROM due to any reasons, you can do the same; all you need to do is to just follow the simple procedure which is mentioned below.
- Open the “Rom Manager” from your Videocon Zeus V7500,
- Click on the “Manage and Restore Backups” option
- Simply select the backup and click on “OK”
- Now, as soon as you select the option backup, it will automatically restore your phone to your earlier/stock ROM with all your previous settings, contacts, messages and applications which was there in the phone.
Do let us know if you are facing any sorts of problem and make sure that you follow each and every instruction and we are not responsible i any form or manner if anything goes wrong with your phone.
Password : androidadvices.com