How to Root Samsung Galaxy Pro – Tutorial
Congratulations! for all those who have purchased the latest Android handset named Samsung Galaxy Pro as this handset is not only among the ones which comes at an affordable smart price but also comes along with many features which are worth smart and well said by someone about this phone “future beyond”. So, assuming that you are new to the Android and some of you might have just upgraded their handsets from Nokia, Sony Ericsson or may be any other from Non Android phone. So here in this article we will be looking on how you can unlock your Samsung Galaxy Pro handset so that you can make the most out of it.
Since Android being the most open source, you can customize the way you want it. But before customizing he device you will have to root the device so that you can reach out the techniques with which you will be able to unlock the device to a whole new level of opportunities as you can install the latest third party ROMs like Cyanogen for Galaxy Pro or even some other ROMs which are different yet hold high level of customizability with better sorts of visual experience.
So, before proceeding to root the Samsung Galaxy Pro, you will have to make sure that you follow the pre requisites to root the device which are mentioned below and then you can proceed towards the rooting of device by following the instructions which are mentioned below. There are basically two methods to root the device which are with the help of the Z4 Root and another method is by using the Super One click Root. So, in the due course of this article we will check out both the methods that are rooting with the help of Z4 Root as well as the Super One click Root.
Please note that rooting voids the warranty of the phone, though the warranty can be reclaimed once you un root the device. Please note that un rooting the device is possible by using the Super One click method which is discussed in the due course of this article. And also, we take no responsibility for your device and we should not be held responsible for any manner in part or in whole and proceed for the tutorial to root solely at your risk. Its an unlikely even that you may brick your phone if you follow the instructions which are mentioned below.
Pre Root Instructions:
- Warranty will get void once you root Samsung Galaxy Pro, though warranty can be claimed once you un root your device.
- In an unlikely event you may lose all the data which is present in your Samsung Galaxy Pro, so it’s recommended to create a backup of all the data like call log, messages, applications, music, videos and other data which is present in the phone, so that you can restore the same once the rooting process is completed.
- Ensure that you have the installed the latest framework in your computer or also you can install the latest version of KIES which is dubbed as KIES 2 so as to ensure that all the required drivers are installed successfully.
- It’s very important to maintain a minimum battery power of 50% so as to facilitate the smoother rooting process or else there is a high possibility that your device may end up turning completely off in the process of rooting.
- Since the process of rooting will be taking place, all the APN settings with which you access the Internet will be wiped off completely, so ensure that you have noted all the required settings for accessing the internet so that you can configure them again back once the device gets rooted. Also, additionally ensure that you have also backed up the MMS Settings and other settings as in an unlikely event sometimes you may end up losing all the 3G Settings as well as the APN or MMS settings in the process of Rooting the device.
- Last but not the least follow the below mentioned instructions carefully so as to save your phone from being turned into an expensive paper weight.
Procedure to Root Samsung Galaxy Pro using Z4 Root:
- First up, download the Z4 Root application from here in your computer and after that you will have to extract the same, in the process of extraction if it prompts you to enter the password then enter the password as androidadvices.com. Its highly recommended to not to download this zip file of Z4 Root from your phone as it’s a password protected file which cannot be extracted most of the time in your Android phone.
- So, once you extract the Z4 Root APK file, you will have to transfer the same into your phone by connecting your phone with the computer by connecting using the USB cable. Please note that place this file in the path of \sd card and not into any other folder or else you may face it difficult to find the same.
- After copying the file, from your phone just open the same so that the application gets installed successfully in your phone after which you just need to open the same after which you will see the screen as shown below.
- Now, as soon as the installation of Z4 Root is completed, you will have to tap on the application to open the same after which you will see two options that is temporary root and another one will be the Permanent Root. From this, you will have to tap on the “Permanent Root” after which the device will be rooted in seconds. Do, note that while the process is running don’t interrupt its processes or else you will have to repeat the rooting process, and also its not recommended to choose the temporary root as if you do the temporary root then the device will get un rooted just by a simple restart as shown in the below screen shot.
- Now, after choosing the option from the two, the process of rooting the device will be processed after which you will see that the phone will be restarted, please note that if you choose the temporary root option then the device will be restarted to fix the rooting in your phone. It’s always recommended to use the Permanent root as if you opt for the temporary root, then the device will be un rooted as soon as you restart the device. Please note that as soon as the rooting process is successful, you will see that the “Superuser” icon will be created in your application which is in the skull shaped. So, there you go you have now successfully rooted your phone and you are ready to customize the phone the way you want it.
Just in case if you are unable to see the Super user icon then it means that the device hasn’t been rooted and you will have to root the device again by following the above instructions from the start. Despite repeating the above process if you are still unable to root your phone then you will have to follow the below procedure to root your phone.
Procedure to Root Samsung Galaxy Pro using Super Click:
- So, the second method with which you can root your Samsung Galaxy Pro is by using the Super One Click Root which we will see in the due course of this article. Unlike the Z4 Root which you will have to shift the APK file in your phone and then you had to open the same in your phone to start the rooting process, this is one of the hassle free methods which can be controlled straight from your computer. This method of rooting is much simpler than the ons which are available like HRoot or any such tools for rooting which may be confusing at times to the users who are new to Android.
- Next up, before proceeding you will have to install the Java SDK, not just Runtime but the full SDK which you can download from here which also supports framework which is required to run the Android SDK. It’s very important to install this SDK is that to root the device the computer will be requiring the drivers so that you can easily root the phone using the Super One click.
- For using this software application, first you will have to download the PC version of Super One Click software and then you will have to install the same.Please note that while extracting the downloaded zip file of the Super One Click if you are prompted to enter in the password then you will have to enter in the password as androidadvices.com. After extraction, you will have to click on the file which is named as Super One Click Root as shown in the below screen shot.
- After installing, you need to first set your device in the USB debugging mode and in this process make sure that you don’t mount the SD Card or else whole data will get lost or even some major issue can arise.
After this open the installed Super One click software and then you will have to connect the USB cable to your phone and computer, if you are unable to get it run then you can try in the recovery mode. Make sure that all the drivers all installed through your PC suites of your respective Android phones. That’s it, after connecting, all you need to do is to just select the option which you wish to perform and that’s it you have now successfully finished rooting, shell rooting, un rooting as well as allowing Non Market apps (requires rooting) very easily all in just one click.
Please note that you will have to reconfigure the APN settings after updating the firmware to access the data services and the Internet services as all the Internet APN settings will be reset. You will have to contact your Service provider which is Verizon Wireless to get more info on the APN Settings. Not to forget also configure the MMS Settings. Do let us know if you face any issues while rooting the device as we will see to it that the issues are solved. Just in case if the rooting process is interrupted in the middle then you just need to re follow the whole procedure from the start to root your Samsung Galaxy Pro phone.