Time has now come to again take out all your Samsung Galaxy S GT I9000 phones as an all much awaited Gingerbread 2.3.5 now arrives. So, in the due course of this article we will see on how you can easily apply this latest update from the Gingerbread 2.3.5. This update comes as a great respite for all those who were really waiting for a stable and a 2.3.5 series update after the news came in about the arrival of 2.3.6. Soon, in the coming days, the Galaxy S users will witness the Gingerbread 2.3.6 update too. Though there is no ETA (Estimated Time of Arrival) on the same but we can only hope that the same will be launched as soon as possible. Even the mightiest phone, the Samsung Galaxy S2 GT I9100 phone too is awaiting an update of the 2.3.5 Gingerbread series. But soon Galaxy S2 too will witness the Gingerbread 2.3.5 release.
Please note that this Gingerbread 2.3.5 release is not the Official version which is released by the Samsung but it’s the beta version. Though there may be some bugs which will be there in this version of firmware but it will soon be fixed as soon as you comment about the same in the comments section below. Please note that you need to strictly need to follow instructions before you proceed to apply this update on your phone. This all new update of Gingerbread 2.3.5 is dubbed as the version XXJVS.
- Daily Briefing Weather Widget now is Added,
- Improved overall Speed in Quadrant Ranks,
- Improved Battery Life,
- No Force Close Errors in either Dialer or Phone.apk,
- Better Wi Fi Strength,
Screenshots of XXJVS 2.3.5:
Special Instructions for users on Custom ROM Firmwares:
- If you are on any of the custom ROM firmwares like Simple Honey, Juicy Ginger, Extra Ordinary, Amestris or any other custom ROM, then you will have to first backup all the data like you did last time and then need to get into the recovery mode.
- Once you get into the recovery mode, you will have to select options Wipe data/factory reset and also you need to select Wipe Cache partition after which you need to reboot your device by selecting reboot system now. As soon as you do so, all the cache files and the custom ROM specific files are erased completely after which it will now become safe to proceed with the instructions to apply this Gingerbread 2.3.5 ROM.
- Just in case if you are using the Voodoo products or apps in your phone then its utmost important to disable the same before proceeding to apply any sorts of update as Voodoo products converts the file system from the RFS to EXT4, so disabling this will allow the new firmware tool to convert the file system accordingly by default to the RFS which is the file system in the Gingerbread XXJVS 2.3.5.
Please note that in this process, you will lose all the data which is there in your phone, so ensure that you have created the backup before proceeding with the update.
Highlight: The best part of this firmware is that anyone from any part of the World can proceed with the updation of the Galaxy S GT I9000 device. The only thing you need to do is to just follow the instructions strictly which are mentioned in the due course of this article.
Please note that applying this update on your Android won’t mean that you have rooted the phone. So, applying this update in short will neither root your device nor will be losing the warranty. Thanks to Samsung Electronics which allows customization of Android devices which in turn allows one to manually apply any update from any part of the World as it doesn’t come with the Boot loader policies like Motorola, Sony Ericsson or even HTC follows.
Additionally, if you have rooted the phone before or is rooted now, then after applying with this update the rooting access will be revoked and you will have to root your device once again to get the root access.
Please note that we should not be held liable or responsible in any manner if anything wrong happens to your device which is the most unlikely if you follow the instructions as prescribed in the due course of this article.
Video Tutorial on how to update Galaxy S GT I9000 with Gingerbread 2.3.5 XXJVS